Tuesday 24 September 2019

Caramel - Connan Mockasin - Idea Generation

As a way of generating ideas I decided to listen to Caramel and make a list of all the words you could use to describe it, the words are a mix of genres, general adjectives and words associated with the idea of the album sounding like caramel.

Caramel
Dreamy
Slow
Viscous
70’s Soft Rock
Smooth
Psychedelic
Avant Garde
Gloopy
Rich
Thick
Soul
Sexy
Synth
Chorus
Clouds
Soft
Gold
Mellow
Seductive
Surreal
Romantic
Narrative
Gradual 


As another method for generating ideas, I visually mapped 3 of the songs on the album; I took into account the feel of the songs, the dynamics, the tones, the beats and the instruments and formed shapes representing the song. I also took into account the colour and how it represented thew songs, the colour palette for the 3 of them is fairly refined because the songs all have a similar feel, so this colour palette could definitely be effective to use, I especially like the use of gold representing the songs; it visualises the the smooth, reverberating, chorus effect in the tones of the guitar as well as representing the colour of caramel very well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

COP Presentation - Feedback

In general, the feedback for my cop proposal was positive. My essay question makes sense and does not need to be altered and the research a...